In July 2015, Kay was honored by her peers and elected President of the American Institute of Parliamentarians, and has been re-elected to that position twice. Kay holds the Certified Professional Parliamentarian credential from the American Institute of Parliamentarians, and is also a Professional Registered Parliamentarian, credentialed by the National Association of Parliamentarians.
Named the 2011 Parliamentarian of the Year by the Texas State Association of Parliamentarians, Kay has studied parliamentary procedure for over fifteen years. She is a past president of the Texas State Association of Parliamentarians, the largest state association in the country. She is active with the National Association of Parliamentarians as well, where she served as a member of the Educational Resources Committee (2011-2015) and was the Chairman of the Online Courses Subcommittee. In the American Institute of Parliamentarians, Kay has served as Secretary and as a member of the Printed Materials subcommittee of the Education Division.
Her national client base includes governmental entities, business organizations, homeowners associations, membership societies, labor unions, political parties, religious groups and charitable organizations.
Kay can assist you with the following:
- Serving as a parliamentarian for your convention or meeting
- Serving as a professional (neutral) presiding officer
- Reviewing an existing set of bylaws
- Drafting a new set of bylaws
- Drafting scripts for a presiding officer
- Writing a professional opinion about a parliamentary issue
- Teaching classes in parliamentary procedure
- Writing articles about parliamentary procedure for a newsletter or magazine
- Serving as a teller for a ballot vote (or providing a crew of tellers, if needed)
- Serving members of an organization as a "floor parliamentarian"